Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Monday, January 29, 2007

Warming the House and a big KISS

Saturday night, Jen and I had our housewarming party. We moved in mid-November and after the hustle and bustle of the Holiday season we were finally able to squeeze in our party! My room - still not done yet - getting there and looking better than what it was a few weeks ago (and apparently Carolyn and Ben are going to come over and lock themselves in there and finish it for me - wouldn't that be nice! haha)

We had such a great party - thank you everyone for coming over and for all the kind gifts! I am so glad that we could share our new home with you!! Everyone hung out - drinking, eating and talking all night - and at one point I think there were 20 people squeezed into our fabulous but semi-small Manhattan apartment. It was nice to have all of our close friends over - laughing and enjoying themselves.... except for that one moment where Steve got on the table and started stripping - hahahaha Kidding - he didn't do that, I think I would have died!

The party started at 6:30 and most people did not leave until after midnight. At this point a few of us headed a flew blocks down to a bar called Cabin Fever and there we ran into a KISS Tribute Band. Christina and I were ALL ABOUT posing for pics with them and It made a great night even better!!! Nothing like ending your night posing with KISS!!!!!!! The Gene Simmons guy came up to me and started wagging his tongue at me - "the signature move" - and me being me just stood there with my hands on my hips with a disgusted look on my face - he said "No? that doesn't do it for you?" I said "No, its disgusting!" (oh and they have a myspace page and they put a pic of Christina and I up!) http://profile.myspace.com/kissaliverocks

Thank you again everyone for everything and for being such great friends - Christina, Carolyn, Andy, Gwen (and my little fellow fighting Illini fan!), Steve, Simone, Michele, Jay, Megan, Jenn M., Nick, Les, Jacob, Ben, Carlo, Jenn L., Dave, Lydia and of course my ROOMIE - Jen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker