Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Monday, March 19, 2007

Empty Chairs

Its Monday. I have a case of the blues.

The guy (Brian) I have shared my desk space with for the past 9 months started another job in DC today. Friday was his last day. He never really had any personal affects on his desk, so not much looks different (even his Liverpool Game schedule and Jersey Transit schedule are still hanging on the wall) but he is not sitting there.

His chair is EMPTY.

I mean after 9 months of sitting next to the same person 5 maybe 6 or even 7 days a week for at least 50 hours a week - you can get attached to that person. Especially if they are your friend and one piece of your sanity at work. I am happy for him and I wish him all the luck in the world.

Its sad, quiet in here today, and even a bit lonely.

I am sure they will put someone else there soon. Will I get as lucky as last time? No, probably not. Brian turned out to be a really good friend. I will probably get one of the typical crazies. At least I made a good friend and had 9 months of fun at work with him. I will miss him more than I ever thought possible. Glad we could give him a good send off this weekend.

I even look behind me and the chair behind me is empty - another good guy and friend that left a week ago for a new job. And another friend left the week before that. If my work friends keep dropping like flies, I am going to go insane. There are not too many of them left.

Maybe it is really time for me to start looking for a new job instead of the idle chatter I always give about it....

Maybe my chair will be empty soon. (lets just hope its not from getting fired!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker