Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Thursday, February 15, 2007

carolyn's blog led me to write this...

valentine's day... i believe it should be about the people you love, the most important people in your life. If this horrid holiday has to exist - it should be about that - they people in your life that mean the most to you, not just your significant other.

Which leads me to the story of my mom and her cookies. Monday I received a Valentine's day package from my parents in the mail. My mom had sent a tin of her infamous cookies. I, of course not wanting to eat them all, shared them with everyone in the office and headed home with only 3 left - one for the roomie. I wrote my mom an email thanking her and that of course everyone in the office loved them as always (except Peter was extremely disappointed that no homemade gingerbread men were in there). There is nothing like a mom's undying and always faithful love...I love my mom, she is the best mom, the best friend.

Mom's email response to my thank you:
"Glad you enjoyed the cookies. I told dad in line at Walgreen’s Friday night (about 7:30 p.m.) I wasn’t going to send valentine’s to the kids this year. But the clerk looked at me funny and got me right thru the heart.

So I went home and made cookies. Got up at 5 a.m. Saturday cleaned and made icing. Let them sit to get somewhat hard and went out to find tins. Dad and I went to factory card outlet, Michael’s and had to go back to Factory card to get tins. Back home to load them up then to Marion post office to mail. It closed at 10 a.m. and now it was 11:30 so we buzzed to the Blairsferry post office and got there in time. Lots of trouble for you three kids. Dad said he just knew I couldn’t hold out.

ENJOY!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker