Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Torrid Love Affair PART DUEX

Last night the snowflakes started to fall, Evan and I walked out of Macy's and I jumped up and down and went OHHHHH SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW...ITS SNOWING!!!!!!! YEAH!!
A few people actually looked at me like I was crazy.

Then we walked a few blocks and it was more like ICE hitting our faces - the wind was whipping it so hard that it was just pricking our faces. I was like ughhhhhh...snow not so fun, I only like the big pretty fluffy flakes but it didn't get too me too much I was still on the side of LOVING SNOW!

THEN...

this morning. It was all over. It has turned to complete Hatred. CABO SAN LUCAS in 7 DAYS. is all i can keep thinking and spring will be here in no time.

of all days - Valentine's Day and my love affair with Snow for this year has ENDED. I got up peeped out the crack in my shade saw ok a little bit more snow but that is all i saw. I put on jeans, my hot pink sneakers and socks (yes Peter I WORE SOCKS!). I contemplated the rain boots for a moment then thought nah doesn't look that bad out.

I step outside and there is snow on the side walks...maybe maybe close to 2 inches...but as I trudge along it turns into slush and it is snowing out still but not fun snow this is wet almost rain like snow - sleet and it hurts when the wind kicks up.

I get to the bus stop and tons of people are waiting. I think the bus is going to take FOREVER this morning, I will just walk to the subway station. NOT too bad of a walk - put my scarf, stocking cap and gloves on and trudged forward. Get to the subway and I am not too wet...my feet slightly damp. NOT too bad.

I get off the subway, walk to work, stop at the Coffee Cart get my coffee, cross the street to the office and

BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM -

why do MY FEET find THE BIGGEST SLUSH PUDDLE IN NYC!!!!!!!!!!

NOW my feet are ICE COLD, DRENCHED, DIRTY, and my pants are WET almost up to the KNEES!

I am shivering, cold, and wet. I am sitting here at my desk with wet jeans on and bare feet. My shoes and socks are chillin off to the side trying to dry.

I HATE SNOW! WE ARE DONE OVER!

P.S. 2 hours later after I originally posted this - I am sitting at my desk with Peter's socks on - a guy in the office - with his extra pair of socks on. I hate feet, this completely skeeves me out...but I was so cold I had no choice. My shoes and socks - still completely soaked.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:34:00 PM , Blogger Kar Kar said...

UPDATE:

hours and hours later...

peter has taken his socks back to wear home about 4 hours ago...

my shoes are still damp and my socks are too...

looks like i will be heading home tonight with wet footwear, but what does it matter i am sure it is still a SLUSH filled world out there.

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:05:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only things my significant other wanted for Valentine's day were cigarettes and batteries. At first I thought "Wow, that's easy enough" but now I'm not so sure its a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker