Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

To all you GRINCHES out there!

GET OVER IT! (one specifically - you know who you are - you let me in on your little secret just yesterday). There is NO ROOM for a GRINCH in my life!

Seriously this has got to be the best time of year.

The bitter cold, the snow falling, the beautiful white all over, stocking caps, gloves, big bundled up coats, Christmas music (which I am listening to as I type), all the red and green painting the city, the sparkling lights everywhere glittering and glistening, hot apple cider, Santas on street corners, the Salvation Army bell ringers, ice skating, Christmas trees, bright and beautifully wrapped presents, making lists of gifts for my friends and family of things they would never buy for themselves, the completely unselfish giving at this time of year, the tears of joy, the smiles on peoples faces, the cookies (especially my mom's), gingerbread....

ummm DO YOU WANT ME TO GO ON????? Because I can!!!!

Sunday nite, I started to decorate my little tree that will go in my room. It is white with pink ornaments (most ended up in the storage unit I am not happy about that, oh well). Tonite I am going to hang my lights in my windows, which face the street so everyone can enjoy! And I might just MAKE Jen help me put the tree up in the living room and decorate for Christmas.

I just don't understand Grinchyness! Yes Christmas is an expensive time of year and you forsake buying somethings for yourself that you would like but SO WHAT?? To see that look at my mom's face, the tears in my daddy's eyes it is worth it. To watch my little puppy Payton rip open her toys with her paws and her teeth. To see that look on my brother's face - YOU SPENT TOO MUCH $ on ME! I love it. LOVE IT! Send a small token of love to my grandma's.

My mom this year is being a GRINCH (except she is making all of her Christmas goodies to send to me). I kind of understand why she is being a GRINCH because it will be the first Christmas that her and my dad will spend alone. Jayson hasn't gone home for a few years, but in my 28 years this will be my first Christmas that I will not spend with my mommy and daddy. Also it will be the family's first Christmas without Muffin (our dog that we had for 15 years).

So Mom is taking it hard. BUT I hate that she is NOT decorating her house, it makes me sad. Her house is so beautiful at Christmas time, a tree in EVERY ROOM - even the bathrooms (I am not joking). She completely changes her rugs, her decor and the house is an Elegant Splendor of RED and GREEN and GOLD and CHRISTMAS CHEER. Even though I will not be there to see it just knowing that she is not doing it brings tears to my eyes. I don't want my mom to be a GRINCH. If my mom becomes a GRINCH - what is this world coming too...

ANYWAYS I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!! and to KICK IT ALL OFF:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!

(and stop being Scrooges and Grinches - PPPPPPPLEASE!)

Silver Bells
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks.
Dressed in holiday style
In the air
There's a feeling
of Christmas
Children laughing
People passing
Meeting smile after smile
and on every street corner you'll hear

Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city
Ring-a-ling, hear them sing
Soon it will be Christmas day

Strings of street lights
Even stop lights
Blink a bright red and green
As the shoppers rush
home with their treasures

Hear the snow crunch
See the kids bunch
This is Santa's big scene
And above all this bustle
You'll hear

Silver bells, silver bells
It's Christmas time in the city
Ring-a-ling, hear them sing
Soon it will be Christmas day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker