Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Trauma in the City

Trauma in the City
Current mood: ditzy

so you think your first injury in the city might be significant, you think NYC you think maybe a mugging or a robbery, or something of that sort...OH NO NOT ME!!! ME...i cut my finger to the bone while sitting at home trying to cut some cheese.

however it was 9:00pm and i didnt want to spend the whole nite in the emergency room for a few stitches. so my roomie, Jenn and I bundle up my profusely bleeding finger. And one of my co-workers, who is also an EMT was on IM, she told me what to do and I was all good to go. OR so i thought. Woke up this morning and the bleeding ahd stopped was feeling good and I get to work and my EMT co-worker, takes a look and I am off and bleeding again all over. She said it was definitely deep enough and i should have gotten stitches. she put butterfly bandages on it, but man does it hurt and it is still gushing away. I told them all that dont mind me if i am an airhead today, it is all the blood loss. gotta have some donuts to keep my blood sugar up...hehe. NOT.

anyways...at least i have this cool bandaid from the netherlands holding the gauze on...it ha duckies on it. i should take a picture for you all...but i wont.

so anyways - my first trauma in the City..should have gone to the hospital, i guess...so everyone keeps telling me. BUT OH WELL!!!! Now i will have one more cool scar...

lesson learned for EMT: DO NOT LET BLONDE LAWYER USE SHARP KNIFE TO CUT CHEESE.

i always knew i should stay away from the kitchen and cooking...

life...its full of cuts and bruises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker