Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holiday Spirit - NUTcracker


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




"Long ago on a cold Christmas Eve in Germany, Dr. and Mrs. Stahlbaum were decorating their Christmas tree and preparing to host a holiday party..."

Last night a bunch of us from the office went to see the Nutcracker Ballet performed by the NYC Ballet at the Lincoln Center. For me, it was bringing back a magical childhood experience because my mommy used to take me the Nutcracker Ballet at Iowa State every Christmas season when I was little. I was so excited to go and relive my childhood memories.

The first act of the ballet was not what I remembered it to be - I remembered it to be - I remembered more drama and the fight with the Mouse King to be bigger and more exciting - but then again maybe it just seemed that way because I was little and just completely enchanted by the story.

However the second act was Amazing. The Sugar Plum Fairy was a talented dancer and so was the dewdrop and her flowers. It was an enchanting second act full of sugar plum fairies and dancing. It took me right back to my childhood and sitting there next to my mommy.

But the adult in me was amazed by the level of dancing - the ballerinas were amazing...I was just entranced by their dancing.

I am so glad we went, it was a lovely evening and a great NYC Christmastime Experience.

The Nutcracker story is such a great story and any parent out there should take their child - it is classic, timeless and enchanting.


"...the snowflakes around them came to life, leaping through the air like winter fairies and swirling into a snow storm..." - from the Nutcracker Story



now its time to go to bed w/ sugar plum fairies dancing in my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker