Who am I? and How the hell did I get here...

"She who dies with the MOST SHOES WINS"

Monday, August 21, 2006

money, $$$$, dough, money, money, money - Makes my world go 'round

So this morning my alarm goes off at 6:00, 6:05, 6:10 and I say to myself 5 more minutes...just 5 more minutes. Well...that 5 minutes turned into 7:30. I rolled over looked at my clock and muttered in my sleepy voice "SHIT!" SHIT, meaning - now I wont get to work until 9:15, which I am normally there at 8:00. AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES of TIME LOST - or not lost because I will just stay late to make up for it...but still....

As I walk to the bus stop, I am thinking "aww it is SO NICE out today and summer is almost over..." I had the strongest urge to turn around and walk back to my house and put my bathing suit on and plop my ass down in the lawn chair in the back yard and sunbath all day.

One little phone call to my boss and BAM! I could have had the day off.

The temptation was rising in me, overwhelming me - I mean Saturday was overcast all day and Sunday I spent the whole day, where??? IN THE OFFICE!

I am now steps away from the bus stop - the bus is heading towards the stop - My body is fighting me - it is SCREAMING at ME:

"GO BACK HOME!! TAKE THE DAY OFF!! LAY IN THE SUN!!! SUMMER IS ALMOST OVER!!!"
Then MY BRAIN jumps in and says "NO KARIN! NO!!!!! YOU MUST GO TO WORK!! YOU MUST MAKE MONEY!! MONEY, MONEY MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!!!"
WHY??????? WHY does MONEY drive my life???? WHY!?!
No, not because I am money hungry and I live some huge extravagant lifestyle - I WISH!
It is more like:
RENT;
SCHOOL LOAN PAYMENTS;
CREDIT CARD DEBT;
EAT; (ok - who really needs to eat, NOT ME?? - therefore ALCOHOL - haha kidding)
OTHER BILLS;
BILLS;
BILLS;
BILLS....
UGHHH... I mean trust me...I am able to do fun things like go on vacation to MIAMI in less than 9 days. I do tons of fun things in NYC and I do some shopping here and there... and there are thing that i want like a new ipod, new phone, new camera, new bedding...new fall clothes...
I suppose if I wasnt taking 3 days off of work next week to go to Miami for 5 days, then I could have justified not coming to work today...but then again Probably NOT - plus I have a project that has a deadline...which means I shouldnt be writing this blog and I should be working...
So, as you probably guessed I fought that temptation that was taking control of my body and I got on the BUS and now I am AT WORK - I will be here until 10pm or so...
so, i guess later...gotta work, gotta pay the BILLS...gotta make the dough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Blog tracker